Want to see an example of Dr. Riffel’s humor and ability to teach about behavior? Watch this short video
- Pre-K through 12th Grade
- General and Special Education
- Educators, Counselors, Psychologists, Administrators, Parents, Therapeutic Foster Parents, Behavior Specialists, Support Staff
A presentation time of 8:30 a.m. to 4.m. works best
A booklet will be sent for printing. Each participant needs a booklet for the training.
.Classroom style setting for participants (they will be writing and participating in group discussions.)
If more than 50 participants, need a lavaliere microphone and ability to link to a sound system.
- Overview of Autism, Asperger and PDD NOS.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders are now recognized by the Center for Disease Control to be prevalent in one out of every 88 births. (1 in 54 boys) (2012) This translates to an increased need in understanding the spectrum for the regular classroom, special education classroom, and any other organization that has children for clients.
- Provide information on interventions for access to sensory input and escape from sensory overload.
- Maximize communication efforts by utilizing Picture Exchange Communication Symbols (PECS), Sign Language, Visual Schedules, Object
- Schedules, and Now/Then Schedules.
- Social stories in a unique PowerPoint format with audio and visual output for the learner.
- Potty Training techniques for children with autism.
- Transition difficulties are one of the most frequently cited problems for children with autism spectrum disorder. Participants will learn techniques to make transitioning as easy as ABC.
- Academic skills are often underplayed in children with autism. This presentation will focus on ways to teach Spelling, Venn Diagrams, Math, and Reading at higher levels.
- Calming activities for children with autism spectrum disorder; what works and what doesn’t.
- Famous people with Asperger Syndrome …. you will be surprised.
Schedule Your Training[accua-form fid=”1″]
These are just a few samples of what is available on the material download page. All PowerPoints, Booklets, Forms and Tools are available now in one area. Click on the slider title for Material Download or click this link.