Want to see an example of Dr. Riffel’s humor and ability to teach about behavior? Watch this short video
Recharging Your Batteries: Classroom Management (One Day Seminar)
This can be a one or two-day training. We will go into deeper details with the two-day training. The one-day training is more of an overview with information in the book to explore for yourself.
- Pre-K through 12th Grade
- General and Special Education
- Educators, Counselors, Psychologists, Administrators, Parents, Therapeutic Foster Parents, Behavior Specialists, Support Staff
- A presentation time of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. works best.
- A link will be sent for the booklet required for this training. You will need to print a booklet for each participant
- Dr. Riffel will link the PowerPoint presentation the day of the training for participants.
- Classroom style setting for participants (they will be writing and participating in group discussions.)
- If more than 50 participants, Dr. Riffel will need a lavaliere (lapel) microphone and the ability to link to a sound system for video clips that illustrate specific points. (Dr. Riffel cannot hold a microphone for an extended period of time or stand in one place as she demonstrates with actual materials and through audience interaction.)
- An extra table up front is required for demonstration materials.
- Provides skills for basing interventions at three levels in the classroom:
- Universal Level – for all students
- Targeted Group Level- for specific behaviors: non-compliance, blurting, disrespect, and more
- Tertiary Level for functional behavior support
- Maximizes research-based interventions that will work with many children in many settings in and out of the classroom.
- Gives step-by-step instructions for implementing contingency and reinforcements for classroom support.
- Rewires the Hardwire: Proven strategies for overriding the reactive behaviors of adults – Frequently, we fall into the trap of reacting when a student has a behavior instead of thinking proactively first.
- Interventions are applicable for preschool, elementary, middle school, and high school.
- Shares access to valuable resources: Participants will see visual examples of token economy systems that work, sensory tools for children and learn why fidgeting is so important.
- Participants will receive mnemonics to help them remember key points: (things to set on their desk to help them remember the key points)
- Provides unique interventions that leave children with no chance to argue.
- Shares academic ideas for children who are struggling to keep up and children who are struggling to stay focused. (Frequently, behavior communication indicates children have too little to do more than too much to do.)
- Supports Behavioral Competence in the Classroom: Applying proactive research-based methods to increase applied behavior analysis and a continuum of supports for children with target behaviors.
Proposed Agenda: This can be adjusted to suit your needs.
8:45-10:00- Three Levels of Support in the Classroom
10:15-11:30- Three Levels of Support (Intensive) Ten Rules of Behavior
12:45-2:00- Three Levels of Intervention in the Classroom
2:15-3:15- Three Levels of Reinforcement in the Classroom
3:15-3:30- Questions and Wrap-up